The next edition of Barcelona’s Beer Festival, also known as BBF, will take place in March 2020 in La Farga de L’Hospitalet. This location is both spacious and comfortable enough to accommodate the event.
This year, the festival comes with lots of novelties. Have we caught your interest? Then keep on reading today’s blog article by ShBarcelona, because we’d love to share more on this culinary event.
Related article: Craft Beers of Spain
Beer Festival in Barcelona
Barcelona Beer Festival is the ultimate meeting point for any artisan beer lover, whether it concerns amateurs or professionals. This very special gastronomic event lets you taste an infinite number of the traditional liquid.
BBF is one of the largest festivals in Europe, so they expect to welcome many visitors, as in previous years. If you are unsure what beer to try, ask the gentlemen in the yellow vests, the Beer Informers, because they can help you with any questions you might have.
They are experts in the flavours of every beer at the event, and they can help you with any beer decision problem. But, of course, there will not be just beer! You can also enjoy some of the culinary delights to fill your stomach and accompany your beers.
And if this wasn’t enough, there are different activities and musical and theatrical performances during the festival.
Related article: Palo Alto Market
Are you thinking of joining the festival this year? Then take the following important aspects into account:
- You can buy your festival ticket online for 7 euros, or buy it at the ticket office for 8 euros. If you plan on going more than one day, you can opt for the 3-day ticket (for 10 euros) or purchase the 3-day BBF Experience with a tasting glass, map, T-shirt, bag and 20 tokens (for 50 euros).
- Remember to bring the cup or glass that is included in the ticket with you on the second and/or third day of the festival.
- The tokens, with a value of 1 euro, are the only way to buy food and drinks at the festival. (No cash or cards) You can buy these tokens at several booths at the event, and most of the drinks/food will cost between 2 and 4 euros. If you buy your ticket in advance, you can also order your tokens online, so you don’t have to wait until you are at the location of the event.
Barcelona Beer Festival lasts 3 days, and during this time you can enjoy many gastronomic stands, 35 activities and 110 taps. The festival’s 8500 m2 venue offers more than 640 different beers, and about 35,000 visitors are expected.
BBF will take place on 13, 14 and 15 March 2020 between 11 and 23h, except for Sunday, because doors will be open from 11 to 21h on this day. BBF Pro is on Friday and Saturday between 11 and 19h, and on Sunday between 11 and 15h.
The venue is Centre d’activitats de la Farga de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat on Carrer de Barcelona, and if you would like to go, there are several options to get there by public transport:
- Take the metro, Line 1, and exit at the stop Rambla Just Oliveres.
- Take the Ferrocarriles de la Generalidad de Cataluña (FGC) and exit either at the stop Sant Josep or L’Hospitalet Avinguda Carrilet.
Do you like a good beer? Will you be going to Barcelona Beer Festival in 2020?
Leave a Comment