The Mobile World Congress 2020, which is also referred to as the MWC, will return to Barcelona to present the latest mobile technology news and trends. This spectacular event will take place from Monday, February 24 until Thursday, February 27.
If you will be arriving on the Sunday before it all starts, you will be able to enjoy a series of optional activities that have been organized especially for the occasion.
Today’s article by ShBarcelona will share more information about MWC 2020.
|Important update 13/02/2020: The Mobile World Congress 2020 organization has decided to cancel the event because of “global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak”. The official statement and more information can be found on the MWC website.|
Related article: Technology Booms and Accelerators in Barcelona
Discover interesting facts about MWC 2020
The Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is a meeting point for the entire wireless technology sector. There will be several seminars and presentations of innovative products during the 4 day congress, and visitors will be absolutely amazed by this year’s programme and subjects.
MWC is one of the most important events regarding telephony, Internet and mobile applications. The month of February is, in fact, an important month for the whole technology industry. Not many people can remember, but until the year 2007, the congress was actually called 3GSM World Congress. After that, the name changed to what it still is now.
Topics that will be addressed during the MWC 2020 event are:
- Security and Privacy
- Artificial Intelligence
- 5G Connectivity
- Media and Entertainment
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Our Planet
- Customer Commitment
Related article: Find a Job in Barcelona With These Apps
A number of 110,000 visitors are expected to attend this year’s event, and more than 14,000 jobs will be created. The economic impact by the MWC on Barcelona will be about 492 million euros. Thanks to the more than 3,000 exhibitors and the presence of senior management, the MWC hopes to surpass 2019’s statistics.
This year’s Mobile World Congress is very ambitious, because as some media have pointed out, it’s not just a mobile trade fair. The objective is to focus on digital transformation. So connectivity is about robotics, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, while 5G will be introduced as a progressive implementation system.
All of this will be done without losing sight of the environment, because this subject will be addressed through a series of debates on how climate change can be positively influenced by mobile technologies.
MWC ticket prices remain the same as last year’s prices, between 800 and 5000 euros, and tickets are categorized as follows:
- The Exhibition Pass (799 euros) includes the entrance to the exhibition, partner programmes and seminars.
- The Silver Pass (2199 euros) also includes world leaders’ conferences and a prize gala.
- The Gold Pass (2699 euros) gives you – in addition to the above – access to VIP networking lounges and you will enjoy a special VIP treatment (including a meal service).
- The VIP Platinum Experience is the most expensive option, and it includes reception upon arrival and transfers between the event and the airport. You will enjoy the best seats and convenient VIP parking (for 4999 euros).
- The Topic Pass (1699 euros) is new and lets you learn more on IoT and 5G.
Do you know other interesting facts about the Mobile World Congress 2020?