blog shbarcelona català   blog shbarcelona français   blog shbarcelona castellano   blog shbarcelona russian   blog shbarcelona russian   blog shbarcelona   blog shbarcelona   blog shbarcelona

Escola Industrial de Barcelona: Barcelona’s Industrial School

Written by Rachel G

Barcelona might be home to some of Spain’s top educational institutions, but the city’s reputation for great schools goes beyond universities, medical schools, and business schools. It’s also a great place to participate in an occupational training program and get the certifications necessary for jobs that don’t require a university degree. The Escola Industrial de Barcelona is well known in the city for the top-quality training its teachers provide.

Related article: Best Business Schools in Barcelona

Table of Contents

The School

Photo via Pixabay

Founded in 1913 and officially opened in 1914, the Industrial School of Barcelona has had a long history of training students for all types of jobs in Barcelona. Today, the school is a center for collaboration with the Department of Labor and offers occupational training courses in a wide variety of fields.

The school currently employs 226 teachers and has about 2,500 students enrolled in twenty higher level training courses. About 70% of the student body is from Barcelona, and the other 30% come from cities in Catalonia. In the school’s history, a total of 140,000 students have gone through the center to participate in at least one of their occupational training programs.

Related article: Where to Study in Barcelona


Photo via Pixabay

Over the years, course programs have developed and expanded quite a bit as new technologies emerged with the changing times. Some of the courses offered at the industrial school include carpentry and furniture making, administrative management, welding and boiler making, and electromechanical maintenance. There are also a number of more recently added technical courses available at the school such as microelectronics, computer science, web application developmentautomation, and graphic production design, just to name a few.

The Industrial School of Barcelona also has a School-Business department that works on building relationships with different companies in Barcelona and Catalonia in order to facilitate the students’ transition from their training course programs into the work world. In the last six years alone, the school has established business relationships with 1,500 companies that look to their students as potential employees in complete confidence that they have been professionally trained for their job.

With over a hundred years of history, the Industrial School of Barcelona has made a name for itself as a top training school in Barcelona. With highly qualified teachers and the commitment to helping students find good jobs in their field of study after program completion, the school is one of the best places to learn technical skills in Barcelona.

Looking for an apartment in the city? ShBarcelona can help you find the perfect one.

About the author

Rachel G

Originally from the United States, Rachel has been living in Spain since 2014. After two years in Madrid, she moved to Barcelona in 2016 to pursue her passions in writing and photography. She spends her free time enjoying life in beautiful Barcelona and traveling around Europe as much as possible.

1 Comment

  • Helloo i am Ataur Rahman Himel
    Tecnical student from Bangladesh. i want to learn Smaw welding level ll. my brother and my some relative stay in berselona. i want to get admission and invitation to complete welding course to your Institute my WhatsApp number +8801834405573

Leave a Comment