Buying real estate is most likely the investment of a lifetime. You are going to be paying for it for a good period of time so it is a good idea to do things the right way. The choice of where you will be living, be it your main residence or a secondary one is, therefore, a highly important one. It is best to gather all information now, so ShBarcelona will explain why it is worth it to do things via a real estate agency when buying your future house or apartment.
1) The guarantee that you will be accompanied from start to finish during the whole process of purchasing the property: the research, the visits, the negotiations, up until the signing of the papers in front of a notary.
2) Real estate agents are specialists and they know the market prices, they have databases with the real selling prices. Enlisting their help ensures that you won’t be buying property at an unrealistic price.
3) They know the area within which they work: the future opportunities such as metro stations, shopping centers and other infrastructures which will help add value to your property. They could also inform you about the facilities available nearby: shops, schools, means of transportation…
Related article: The right questions to ask before you buy an apartment
4) They will be the intermediary between you and the seller, taking care of providing you with the necessary documents and facilitating the tasks one must do during the process of purchasing a property. The agency will also make sure the sales agreement is drawn up according to the rules.
5) An agency will negotiate the selling price for you. The real estate agent will know the necessary arguments to give the seller in order to lower the selling price. The aim is to reach an agreement between the buyer and seller. Be aware that a realtor is as much in the service of the buyer and seller, they favor neither side.
Related article: Viewing flats in Barcelona
6) Agencies are informed about the properties that will be for sale soon. If you cannot find your ideal apartment immediately, the agency will perhaps advise you to wait a bit because it knows that a property answering your requirements will be for sale soon.
7) Agents are more available and more flexible than owners when it comes to paying a visit to the property you are interested in.
8) Working with an agency is not a lot more expensive than buying directly from the owner. On average, the owners sell their properties at a higher cost than if they enlisted the help of an agency.