To take ease the pain out of preparing for your trip to Barcelona (or anywhere else for that matter), we’ve put together a comprehensive checklist for you. No excuses left, so start packing!
Passport or ID card (check the expiration date)
- A printed e-ticket or normal ticket
- A visa, if you need one
- A print out of the hotel or apartment address of where you will be staying once you arrive in Barcelona
- Driving License if you are planning on hiring or borrowing a car (and it’s worth having a look at the driving laws in Spain prior to arriving)
- Travel insurance documents
- It’s a good idea to scan all your important documents and email them to yourself in case something gets stolen or you need to contact your insurance company
- A list of important phone numbers: local friends, folk back home you might need to contact in an emergency, the local police, your hotel, travel colleagues etc
Related article: Best Day Trips from Barcelona
- Credit or debit card (preferably two or more if you have them for in case one doesn’t work or gets lost)
- Hard cash – well, you never know
- Some change in euros if you need to pay for travel via a machine once you arrive
- A city guide
- A small map of the city
- A plan of how you will get to your accommodation once you arrive
- Medication, if you are taking any – although many types of medication (like inhalers for asthma) can be purchased over the counter without a prescription unlike in the UK or US.
Related article: Travel Accessories Every Adventurer Needs
Mobile phone – Smartphones are worth their weight in gold (not that they weigh much) in foreign cities. It’s a camera, a phone, a gps map and an information source – all in one unsightly package. Don’t forget to sort roaming out before you go – and beware that local roaming charges (especially to get online) can be extortionate
- Camera charger
- Chargers and adapters for your gadgets
Less crucial but still important:
- Sunglasses (even in winter the Barcelona sun is often out and about)
- Sunblock (don’t leave home without it!)
- Suitable clothes for the winter climate – don’t be fooled into thinking Spain is hot all year round – it is not!
Looking for a flat to rent during your stay in Barcelona? ShBarcelona is the answer.