blog shbarcelona català   blog shbarcelona français   blog shbarcelona castellano   blog shbarcelona russian   blog shbarcelona russian   blog shbarcelona   blog shbarcelona   blog shbarcelona
Food

Healthy Restaurants in Barcelona

Helathy salad
Written by Heather B

Do you like eating healthy but find that it can sometimes be difficult to eat out without worrying that what you order may not be the best for your body? Luckily, Barcelona is a great city for staying fit and eating healthy. With so many great restaurants on every corner, healthy food isn’t very hard to find. At ShBarcelona, we’ve searched the city high and low to find some of the best healthy restaurants in Barcelona where you can enjoy a delicious meal without the added sprinkle of guilt.

Related Article: Eating Healthy: Your vegan and vegetarian guide to Barcelona

Flax & Kale

Photo via Pixabay

Flax & Kale has really has made a name for itself in Barcelona. They have a delicious menu with vegetarian, vegan, and pescatarian dishes, and even offer guilt-free dessert menu. Flax & Kale’s slogan is “eat better, be happier, live longer” – a testament to their understanding that a good diet leads to an illness-free life.

At Flax & Kale, the various menus are all plant-based, meaning that 80% of the menu is plant-based and the remaining 20% is oily-fish based. They have a number of different menus depending on the time of day. For the early risers, breakfast starts at 9:30 am and weekend brunch at 10:00 am. They even offer a merienda (also referred to as “high tea” for the English speakers) from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

The restaurant also boasts a long drink menu which includes cold-pressed juices and pureés, frozen smoothies, elixir shots, and plant-based milk drinks amongst others.

Address: Carrer dels Tallers, 74b, 08001 Barcelona

Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 11:30 PM, Saturdays & Sundays from 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM

The Green Spot

Photo via Pixabay

New in town, the green spot was quickly added to our list of healthy restaurants in Barcelona because of the quality of the dishes. While The Green Spot advertises itself as a vegetarian and vegan restaurant, the dishes are also extremely healthy and filling. It’s the type of place where you definitely get what you pay for.

The menu is huge, so even if you’re not a vegetarian or vegan, you’ll find something on the menu that you’ll enjoy. The menu includes classic pasta and rice dishes, dishes “from the world” that feature favorites such as the poke bowl, and chili sin carne. They even have a homemade pizza menu.

Address: Calle de la Reina Cristina 12, 08003 Barcelona

Hours: Monday to Friday 12:30 pm to 12:00 am, Saturday and Sunday 1:00 PM to 12:00 AM

Related Article: Healthy breakfasts in Barcelona

Crudo Bar

Photo via Pixabay

“Crudo” translates as “raw” – and this restaurant is all about highlighting the delicious flavor of raw, whole foods. Their concept is to serve up delicious, healthy dishes without so much cooking. As a favorite in the city, you’ll almost never come across a bad review for Crudo Bar. All their ingredients are fresh from the local market and the menu is a gastronomic delight. Advertised as a tapas gastropub restaurant, healthy dishes include ceviche, fresh octopus, salads, and rice dishes. Crudo Bar even has a fantastic cocktail list worth checking out.

Address: Gran Via De Les Corts Catalanes, 65408010 Barcelona

Hours: Monday to Saturday from 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Looking for an apartment in the city? ShBarcelona can help you find the perfect one.

About the author

Heather B

Leave a Comment