With its early roots as a 15-project business incubator in 1986, Barcelona Activa has grown into a driving force for innovation and economic growth in the capital city. Today, Barcelona Activa is the local and international reference in support of entrepreneurs, professional improvement and job creation in Catalonia. Integrated within the Area of Economy, Enterprise and Employment, Barcelona Activa offers tremendous resources for startups and entrepreneurs and provides thousands of professionals with training and career services.
Barcelona Activa features all the assessment and resources for your business and for finding work in Barcelona and places all its resources conveniently at your disposal. The following facilities have become one of the drivers for innovation in Barcelona and are involved equally in guidance, training, and production activities related to new business activity:
– a space packed with everything you need to start a business including: information, classrooms, interactive multimedia, expert advice, and the Advisory Point and Start of Procedures (PAIT) program.
– designed to facilitate the future of these businesses, creating cooperation networks and contributing to improve its competitiveness.
– Metropolitan centre of reference where you can find the necessary tools for job orientation, job search, and career development.
–10,000 square meter innovation cluster dedicated to value added activities
– a space for improving employment and hqs for the workshops schools and trade skills houses
– spaces and programs for access, insertion and improving employment
Center for employment training and enhancing competition in the job market
– multi-space Internet facility for businesses, professionals and students
– public/private incubator for innovative start-up companies
By fostering entrepreneurship, creating forward-looking quality companies and generating networks of collaboration, Barcelona Activa has turned innovation into a driver for creating new initiatives and attracting talent to Barcelona.
By the numbers, Barcelona Activa:
– Provides services to more than 100,000 participants per year
– Coaches 1,000 new business projects annually
– Has 115 startup companies are incorporated in its business incubator and technology park
– Provided career services to over 30,000 people at Porta22
– Has offered training to 50,000 people immersing themselves in new technologies at the Cibernarium
– Has contracted 1,000 unemployed people to learn a new trade while they search for work
Now more than ever it’s essential to expand entrepreneurial activities and help entrepreneurs make the move from a business idea to the startup of their own business. To get involved with Barcelona Activa or to set an appointment to meet with a business services expert, visit http://www.barcelonactiva.cat.