Part of the Christmas experience in most countries in the world is to shop for gifts. Barcelona is an excellent city for shopping, with a variety of markets, streets, neighborhoods and shopping centers where you will find everything you need.
ShBarcelona tells you more on where to go Christmas shopping.
Table of Contents
Where to do your Christmas shopping
In the end of November or the beginning of December, a variety of Christmas markets start being assembled.
At these markets, you can buy hand-made items, Christmas decorations, clothes, Christmas sweets and more.
The most famous Christmas markets in Barcelona are:
- Fira de Santa Llúcia, at Plaça Nova, right by Catedral de Barcelona in the area of Gotic
- Fira de Nadal a la Sagrada Família, at the garden located in front of the church in the neighbourhood of Sagrada Familia
- Feria de Reyes de la Gran Vía de Barcelona, all along Gran Via de Les Cortes Catalanes
If you are the type of person who prefers to find everything you need under the same roof, then you might want to pay a visit to one of Barcelona’s many shopping centers.
The main ones are:
- Diagonal Mar, located at Avenida Diagonal 3 in the neighbourhood of Diagonal Mar i el Front Maritim del Poblenou
- L’Illa Diagonal, located at Avenida Diagonal 557 in the neighbourhood of Les Corts
- Maremagnum, located at Moll d’Espanya 5 (also in Gotic)
- Arenas de Barcelona, located at Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 373-385 in the neighbourhood of La Nova Esquerra de l’Eixample.
Related article: Christmas Activities For Kids In Barcelona
The center of touristic activity, Las Ramblas, offers not only entertainment in the form of art and street performers but also an array of stores where you can find clothing, sports gear, books, jewelry and much more.
This is a great area to buy souvenirs since there are souvenir shops every few meters.
Portal de l’Àngel
Portal de l’Àngel is a large pedestrian Avenue in the district of Ciutat Vella and a very popular location for shopping. There you can find stores that sell items at affordable prices like Pull and Bear, H&M, Mango, Zara, Bershka, Shana, Stradivarius, and Blanco.
There is also El Corte Inglès, a huge department store, where you can find anything from purses and perfumes to computers and sound systems.
Passeig de Gràcia
Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss, Bvlgari, Guess, Diesel, Valentino, Prada, Stella McCartney.
If you are in the mood for high fashion, make your first stop at Passeig de Gràcia, one of the most famous and most expensive streets in Barcelona.
There is also a mini-mall called Boulevard Rosa where you can find shoe stores, kids clothing stores, interior design stores, jewelry stores and much more.
The little streets
Though the most famous stores are located in the center of the city, all next to each other, it pays off to explore certain neighbourhoods like El Raval, El Gòtic, and the area known as El Born, which are full of unique stores, some of them with handcrafted items and one of a kind productions.
These are the places where you can find truly original Christmas gifts for your loved ones.
Where do you like to go shopping for Christmas presents when you are in Barcelona?
Share your favourite places to go Christmas shopping!