Barcelona is a city that doesn’t stop. Day or night, you can find a variety of things to do and places to go, all around the city.
If you enjoy going out at night, take a look at our list of ShBarcelona of the best areas for nightlife in Barcelona.
Table of Contents
What are Barcelona's best places to experience nightlife?
Port Olympic is one of the hottest areas for nightlife in Barcelona. That is because it is the site of some of the most popular nightclubs in the city. In this area you can find:
- Opium, a cosmopolitan nightclub located right by the beach, divided into a cocktail bar, a lounge area, and a Mediterranean-cuisine restaurant;
- Pacha, an internationally famous nightclub with locations in over 20 countries;
- CDLC, an exotic and luxurious lounge club with an Asian/Indian fusion restaurant;
- Shoko, a combination of nightclub and Asian fusion restaurant, that has hosted after parties for celebrities like Madonna, Depeche Mode, Elton John, and Lady Gag;
- Bestial, a beach club and restaurant that serves Italian/Mediterranean food;
- Catwalk, a modern nightclub with two floors, one dedicated to hip hop and the other to electronic music;
- and IceBarcelona, a bar made almost completely out of ice, with temperatures as low as -5ºC (20ºF).
The Gothic Quarter or Barrio Gótico, as it is known in Spain, is a great place to go out at night. The neighborhood is full of Irish and British pubs like Flaherty’s, at Plaza Joaquim Xirau.
At Plaza Real you can find clubs like Jamboree, one of the most famous Jazz houses in Barcelona; Sidecar a nightclub with concerts and DJ sessions; and Tarantos, a Flamenco club.
There are tons of little bars and cocktail houses hidden inside the Gothic Quarter. Allow yourself to get lost in the neighborhood and you will undoubtedly stumble upon a great place for a drink.
Related articles: Top Music Venues in Barcelona
The neighborhood of Raval is a great choice for a fun night out. Start at one of the barrio’s famous cocktail clubs, like 7Sins or , share some drinks with friends over at Shenanigans Irish pub, and end your night at one of the area’s nightclubs like Sala Apolo or Les Enfants.
If you feel like going out on a hot summer night, how about going to the beach? During the summer, a variety of small bars are assembled on the beach, called chiringuitos.
The chiringuitos are cool and relaxed places to go for a drink and enjoy some music.
If you want to live Barcelona’s nightlife experience in an unlimited way, you can buy this ticket. You’ll can go in 23 of the best clubs in Barcelona, changing from one club to another without having to pay more!
Where do you go when you want to experience nightlife in Barcelona?
Let us know your best and worst places!